Saturday, November 8, 2008

Yes We Can !

History has been made. They said we could not do it, but the cynics have been silenced, the critics dismayed. A new regime has been ushered in and it feels great . . . the Phillies have won the World Series! An estimated 3 million people were on-hand at our nation's first capital to view a ticker-tape parade celebrating the first professional championship win to come to Philadelphia in 25 years. The Philadelphia Phillies, who have already made history as being the losing-est team in the life of American sports (only team to ever reach 10,000 losses -and counting), have brought back the championship, and with it the hope of a nation, to the birth-place of freedom and democracy, Philadelphia -The City of Brotherly Love.

Following this theme of unprecedented, historical events the following unparalleled achievements have also taken place this week:

1. I vacuumed the floor.



2. I heard family news from the source, rather than filtered through Priscilla, as told by Roxanne. (In this file photo my sister-in-law Stephanie has been replaced by two Triestman males and a turkey leg).
3. Bob Barr became the first libertarian candidate to win over one percent of the national vote in a US presidential election won by an African American.

4. My brother Ben called me without having accidentally sat on his phone.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

First of all, why is your daughter choking herself with the vacuum cleaner cord in that picture and second of all, why is there no picture of me on your blog? :)Very funny post

On Second Street said...

made me laugh, you should blog every day.

Anonymous said...

Very funny, yet informative. I hear inauguration tickets are going for $10k, so maybe you can stand on the Mall and hear the roar of the crowd if you decide to stay out there for it! :)

I echo Steph's concern about H joyfully choking herself while dad vacuums.

Anonymous said...

very good! Amy and i both thought it was very funny. I hope you can get your car fixed. I would bring it in and have them check the fuel injection system.
Check out my facebook and you can see pics of baby and i have a video of him laughing on there.

Mister Rodgers said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mister Rodgers said...

Yes, Hadassah's Uncle David did the same trick at that age and look how he turned out! But I am impressed to see you have the vac out and your hand on it? Wasn't staged was it!:>)Miss you all! Remember Dan, you are STILL my favorite son in law!!!!