Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Back to Early Retirment and Semi-regular Blogging

Greetings from Albuquerque, New Mexico -home of the Isotopes, the world’s largest rattlesnake collection, the national hot-air balloon festival and the green chili donut. We arrived about a week ago and I have already eaten green chili in my bagel, my beer, my pizza, my curry, my hamburger, my hotdog, my breakfast burrito and straight out of the jar. My stomach has felt like a roll of Mentos in a bottle of Pespi ever since we crossed the Colorado border.

We had a very exciting drive down which Hadassah has kindly documented with her Fisher Price camera:

Here we are crossing through the Colorado Rockies. Words cannot describe the majesty of the snow-capped mountains glistening with the radiance of the rising sun -you need a picture like this to really do it justice.





Here we driving through Wyoming at two in the morning. Note our terror as the gas-gauge light goes on.



Here is Hadassah documenting her documentary by way of a mirror.


This is a shoe.




We will be here for the next 12 weeks and are taking reservations for house guests. We are currently booked March 22-25. Space is limited so reserve your spot today!

4 comments:

Micah said...

glad to see you have a new post. FINALLY! We'll be following along with your adventure the next few month. Have fun!

Lindsey,Alyssa and Carly said...

Well....welcome back! I'm excited to follow you all on your latest adventure.. AND congrats on the newest addition to the fam! How exciting! Wish we all could visit you there, what a field trip that would be!! Mom lived their or a summer or so with Margie Lou years ago, have heard a few stories from those good ol' days. Take care and don't work too hard!!

Stephanie said...

Sooo glad to finally see a blog post!! Hadassah is a genius, sure to go on to great things in the photography world... a little Anne Leibovitz. We are tentatively reserving March 5-8... and would love if Bobby was under the impression his birthday was over those days since we can't come earlier.:) We miss you tooooons! (yes Dan, tooooons!)

On Second Street said...

I am so glad to see a blog post!