Monday, December 1, 2008

December 5th! (Addendum)*

Trying to teach Hadassah her alphabet has alerted me to the importance of early childhood education. I am dedicating my next two blogs to the two greatest early childhood educators the world has ever known.

At Steph’s request -my birthday/Christmas wish list.

Today is the day that all days wish to be
It’s the day that you say happy birthday to me.

So rejoice! Celebrate! Sing a song! Do a dance!
(Then send me a present when you get the chance)

You can give me a package, an e-card, a letter
When it comes to gift getting I’m a real good gift getter

This great world is filled with such great things to get me
It’s such a great shame many haven’t yet met me

So for those in the know who don’t know what to get
Here’s a list of great gifts that I haven’t got yet:

I’d like a car starter that comes easily apart
Cause the starter costs more than the car it will start

Of course chocolate and ice cream I always can use
Or wine or a fridge filled with fun micro-brews

Or a _____ of the month club, I’m certain to like
Like the fish one that’s offered by good Cap’n Mike

A much bigger bath tub or dinner for two
While someone else watches you know who and who

And as always I’m happy for any aged cheese
More old and less mold is more likely to please
(Yet I’m told that the mold makes a cheesier cheese)

And if you want to splurge on a present for me
I would sure like to get a cheap online degree
A master’s in psych would be great altogether
But a doctorate would even be that much more better
(I would love to be smart without having to try
And the best smarts are smarts you can easily buy).

So send me your chocolates, doctorates and cheese
I will take what I get cause I’m easy to please

And we’ll all be hap-happy as happy can be
Cause today we can say happy birthday to me



*Any gifts comprised of time sensitive materials that must be received by February 1st are to be sent to 5597 Seminary Rd, Falls Church, VA 22401, Apt. 1005s. Standing address for all other shipments is 611 Old Town Rd, Eveleth MN, 55734.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

With my b-day present, a lathe, (bought by me, for me) I plan on making a present for everyone to enjoy. It will either be a croquet set that will withstand the use and abuse that only nate can deliver. Or very fancy firewood. I'm not sure when the wood will be dry enough to work with, hopefully it will be ready for summer.
In the meantime i have large logs in my basement that make it rather difficult to play pool.
Check out some of the pics of baby on facebook.

Stephanie said...

You do a very good impression of Dr. Seuss! Look at Luke's baby NOW

Anonymous said...

That peom is great, I enjoyed it very much. Hope you feel better Dan.

Anonymous said...

So your birthday's Dec. 5 but you posted the poem today? Does that mean it's kosher for me to send you birthday greetings in advance as well? :)

Anonymous said...

Hey its cowboy curt yall. How is DC? I love the blog and will check up on it from time to time. By the way, I have a girlfriend Dan and shes not too emotional.
www.myspace.com/cowboycurt